Sunday, October 24, 2010

Air Station Praire!!!!



On Saturday I went to the Air Station Prairie. I thought that I was going to be cutting branches, but instead I got to collect seeds from blue stem grass. When we meet at the prairie we had to walk a little bit to even get to the part where we were going. At first we were told to strip the seeds off of the blue stem, but later on we got this really sharp root tool thing that we got to cut the blue stem with. It was a lot of fun until it started to rain and it went downhill from there. I was about to give up, but they called break time and they actually had a lot of good food. We worked for a little bit after that and then it started to downpour, so the thing got canceled a little early. If you go into the center that they have at the entrance of the prairie, you can find some really neat things. For example, the counter tops are made out of sunflower seeds and the drawers are made out of wheat. If you have some free time over the weekend I encourage you to at least make an attempt to go because it is pretty fun and you get extra credit!

No comments:

Post a Comment